Regulations when flying changes all the time. These are my top nine questions that I always make sure to ask before booking our tickets.
- When are you suppose to show up at the airport and check in?
- How much are you allowed to carry with you on board? (Check how much extra weight/luggage each child can bring)
- What food choices for the kids are available, and do you need to book those ahead?
- Is there a bassinet for your infant? What are the age limit/weight limit on that one?
- Re-booking rules for your specific ticket? What happens if you need to reschedule due to sick child?
- What are the regulations for car seats on board?
- Are you allowed to gate check a stroller? Also, check if there are any size limits for that stroller.
- Can you bring baby formula on board?
- Are you supposed to change planes? If so, how much time is schedule in between?
If you do not have full custody of your child, or if you are accompanying another child than your own, there might be different regulations concerning paperwork you need to bring. This is something you need to check when you book the ticket, since this is nothing I can advice on.